Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based, all-in-one business management solution which enables customers to upgrade from their entry-level accounting software or legacy ERP system to one single, comprehensive solution to manage finances, operations, sales and customer service.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Advantages
- Business without silos—connecting businesses and boosting efficiency with automated tasks and workflows, all within the familiar Microsoft interface of applications such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Actionable insights—achieving more and gaining a complete view of the business with connected data, business analytics and guidance delivered by Microsoft’s leading intelligent technologies.
- Solutions built to evolve—get started quickly, growing and adapting in real time with a flexible platform that makes it easy to extend beyond Business Central based on evolving business needs.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Capabilities
- Financial Management
- Customer Relational Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Service Order Management
- General Ledger—Set up a company and start posting to the general ledger, chart of accounts, general journals, VAT facilities, recurring journals and source codes.
- Budgets—Work with budgets in general ledger accounts.
- Deferrals—Set up deferral templates that automate the process of deferring revenues and expenses over a pre-defined schedule.
- Fixed Assets—Keep track of fixed assets and related transactions such as acquisitions, depreciations, write-downs, appreciations and disposals.
- Audit Trails—The system automatically assigns audit trials and posting descriptions to every transaction. In addition, users can define reason codes to create complementary audit trials.
- Bank Account Management—Create, operate and manage multiple bank accounts for catering to your diverse business needs and across different currencies.
- Reconciliation—Reconcile your bank statement data automatically to open bank account ledger entries and keep track of all your bank statements
- Dimensions—Add unlimited dimensions to any ledger for advanced transaction analyses.
- Currencies—Manage multiple currencies throughout the system, including payables and receivables, general ledger reports, resource and inventory items and bank accounts.
- Contacts—Maintain an overview of your contacts and record your contact information for all business relationships.
- Campaigns—Organize campaigns based on segments of your contacts that you define.
- Opportunity Management—Keep track of sales opportunities, section your sales processes into different stages and use this information to manage your sales opportunities.
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Integration—Integrate with Dynamics 365 for Sales in a few easy steps to synchronize your data, including sales orders, item availability, units of measure, and currencies.
- Sales Order Management—Manage sales orders, blanket sales orders and sales order processes.
- Receivables—Post sales transactions in journals and manage receivables; register customers and manage receivables using journals
- Purchase Order Management—Manage purchases, blanket orders and purchase order processes.
- Locations—Manage inventory in multiple locations that may represent a production plant, distribution centre, warehouse, showroom, retail outlet or service car.
- Item Transfers—Track inventory as it’s moved from one location to another and account for the value of inventory in transit at various locations.
- Warehousing—Manage items on a bin level. Pick and put-away items in a bin and move items between bins using a report that optimizes space using and picking processes.
- Employees—Group and track employee information and organize employee data according to different types of information, such as experience, skills, education, training and union membership.
- Expense Management—Post expenses against employee cards to track and reimburse their expenses.
- Resources—Register and sell resources, combine related resources into one resource group or track individual resources.
- Estimates—Monitor resource usage and get a complete overview of your capacity for each resource with information about availability and planned costs on orders and quotes.
- Jobs—Keep track of usage on jobs and data for invoicing the customer. Manage both fixed-price jobs and time-and-materials jobs.
- Time Sheets—Time sheets are a simple and flexible solution for time registration with manager approval and integrate with Service, Jobs and Basic Resources.
- Production Orders—Create and manage production orders and post consumption and output to the production orders.
- Version Management—Create and manage different versions of the manufacturing bill of materials and routings.
- Agile Manufacturing—Plan rush hours, make exceptions and handle last-minute changes to your processes with multiple planning options.
- Supply Planning—Plan for material requirements based on demand, with support for master production scheduling and material requirements planning.
- Demand Forecasting—Plan and create production and purchase orders, taking into consideration the demand forecast together with the level of available inventory and parameters of requirement planning.
- Capacity Planning—Add capacities to the manufacturing process. Set up routings and use these routings on production orders and in material requirements planning.
- Machine Centers—Manage capacity on several levels; on a more detailed level for machine centres and on a consolidated level for work centres.
- Finite Loading—Take capacity constraints into account so that no more work is assigned to a work centre than the capacities can be expected to execute during a given time period.
- Service Orders—Register your after-sales issues including service requests, services due, service orders and repair requests.
- Service Price Management—Set up, maintain and monitor your service prices.
- Service Item Management—Record and keep track of all your service items, including contract information, component management and BOM reference and warranty information.
- Service Contract Management—Record details on service levels, response times and discount levels, as well as on the service history of each contract, including used service items, parts and labour hours.
- Planning—Assign personnel to work orders and log details such as work order handling and work order status.
- Dispatching—Manage service personnel and field technician information and filter according to availability, skills and stock items.
- Multiple Languages—Switch languages on the client in real time, provided that the desired language is available.
- Reason Codes—Define a set of reason codes that can be assigned to individual transactions throughout the system, providing user-defined audit trails.
- Extended Text—Set up an unlimited number of lines to describe inventory items, resources and general ledger accounts.
- Intrastat Reporting—Automatically retrieve the necessary data to report Intrastat information to statistics authorities. Local customs authorities can inform you whether your company is obligated to file such a report.
- Outlook Integration—Synchronize your to-do items and your contacts with your meetings, tasks and contacts in Outlook.
Microsoft Dynamics 365
The next generation of intelligent business applications in the cloud.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Pricing
Customer Relational management
Supply chain management
Service Order Management
Customer Relational management
Supply chain management
Service Order management
Your Questions Answered
When will Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central be available?
General Availability (GA) for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central will launch on 2nd April 2018 and will be sold through Microsoft’s network of Cloud Solution Providers (CSP) in 14 countries, including the UK.
How does Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central compare with NAV 2018?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central brings the full power of Dynamics NAV to the cloud. It replaces the lite functionality of Dynamics 365 for Financials, Business Edition with that of a full-blown ERP solution. The two price points, Business Central Essentials and Business Central Premium emulate the capabilities of the NAV 2018 Starter Pack and NAV 2018 Extended Pack, respectively.
What's next for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business edition customers?
Existing Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business edition customers will be automatically upgraded to Dynamics 365 Business Central with access to new functionality and an all-new user interface. There are also a number of discounted transition pricing options for existing Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business edition customers, available through Microsoft’s Cloud Solution Providers (CSP).
What is the future of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
In terms of the future of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, we are expecting it to follow the course of the original roadmap shared by Microsoft in October 2017. This would position it alongside the release of Dynamics NAV 2018 R2 before the two solutions share one name in the subsequent release and run in parallel as cloud and on-premises solutions.