Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations
Profit from your projects
An end-to-end solution that helps you run your project-based business more efficiently. Handling projects from beginning to end whilst keeping everything organised and accessible for all involved.
What is Dynamics 365 Project Operations?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations is a powerful, easy-to-use solution that lets you run your project-based business with more efficiency and productivity. Through a single system for customer engagement, trusted relationships can be built and profitable projects can be delivered on time and on budget.
Dynamics 365 Project Operations capabilities
- Opportunity Management
- Project Planning
- Resource Management
- Team Collaboration
- Time and Expense Management
- Customer Billing
- Service Analytics
- Solution Selling – Forecast profitability and prioritise deals using the integrated sales management dashboard with both product and project-based opportunities.
- Customer-centric – Use customer portals to engage and collaborate with customers in real time on quotes, project scope and resource requirements.
- Streamline Contracts – Streamline the sales management experience and quickly create project contracts, track labour rates and generate SOWs using an enhanced and integrated sales automation experience.
- Collaborative Execution – Make it easy for Sales Managers to visualise cost, effort and sales value in collaboration with project managers to estimate and define the work using standard project templates.
- Predictable Results – Visual project planning and estimation includes predecessors, automatic task scheduling and visualises cost, effort and sales information for credible “estimate to completion” planning and financial integrity.
- Enhanced and Robust – Use the robust project scheduling and management capabilities of Microsoft Project to complement the sales planning process.
Utilisation-focused – Pivot the business on resources to enable business development and portfolio investments to align with skills and talent management.
Consultant-centric – Empower Consultants and Sub-contractors to apply directly for relevant project roles. Resource information includes skills and proficiencies that can be updated through mobile devices.
- Productivity – Provide powerful, easy-to-use, mobile-ready Office 365 productivity tools for project teams, customers and partners to communicate and collaborate on project deliverables and tasks.
- SMAC – Incorporate Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud (SMAC) experiences and technologies to enable timely and relevant communication and collaboration.
- Greater Agility – Empower Project Managers by providing real-time status and performance indicators, allowing them to respond quickly to scope changes, mitigate risk and manage critical KPIs while ensuring consistent and profitable service delivery.
- Intuitive and familiar – Simplify the management, tracking and submission of estimated and billed project time by integrating the tasks and deliverables across project and work calendars.
- Accountability – Provide real-time financial insights to customers and empower them to collaborate on timely corrective actions.
- Efficiency – Track all project and non-project schedules and streamline the submission, approval, processing and reconciliation of expenses through web and mobile apps. Managers can easily approve new entries while understanding the financial implications of newly-approved items.
- Timely and Effective – Provide Project Managers with a one-stop-shop to review, override and track overruns and approve all costs and time impacting their projects.
- Accuracy – Ensure the project invoices reflect the terms of the contract and approved work and expenses to projected vs actual budgets.
- Automation – Automate the generation, approval and distribution of reconciled invoices in email and on the web with backoffice financial integration.
- Financial Impact – The financial impact of project work, including costs, unbilled revenue and invoices, is recorded for use in analytics and integration into financial
- A Unified Platform – Leverage Dynamics 365 business applications and the Power BI platform to form a strong basis for reporting, integration and analytics.
- 360◦ Project View – Understand project performance, team and resource feedback and the voice of the customer to ensure an on-time and on-budget delivery model.
- Trends and forecasting – Identify trends, explore what-if scenarios, forecast outcomes to prioritise service offerings and skills development and adopt best practices.
Get in touch
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations overview
Discover the features and benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations.
More from Microsoft Dynamics 365
End-to-end applications that work great on their own and even better together.