Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 is finally here!
We last spoke about NAV 2018 back in October, when the release date was announced at Directions EMEA. Now the 1st December has arrived and so has the new version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
According to Microsoft’s roadmap, we can expect another release of NAV, NAV 2018 R2, next spring, before it joins Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” to become one solution, on cloud and on premises. During this shift, it’s unlikely that there will be a ton of new features to play with, as Microsoft focuses more on how they are bringing this offering to customers.
— Equisys (@equisysplc) 4 October 2017
However, NAV 2018 does come with a few added extras and changes:
- Edit settings from a single hub with the “Setup and Extensions” button
- Get reminders of work to be done with the new “User Tasks” feature
- Post general journal lines with a new account and balancing account type—Employee
- Use the Image Analyzer extension to detect item attributes such as type and colour
- Access Power BI reports from within the most highly-used lists in NAV
- Easily integrate NAV with Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Access pre-configured reports in the ribbon, ready to print from Excel
- Easily cancel or correct job-related posted invoices
- Bulk post orders, invoices and credit memos
- Set up the GetAddress.io UK Postcodes extension from within NAV
- Validate VAT registration numbers against the EC VAT VIES web service and retrieve registered names and addresses
- Directly import payroll transaction files in the QuickBooks IIF format
- Do bulk invoicing for bookings using the Bookings app in Office 365
- Add an additional fee or service to your item catalogue from within sales and purchase documents
- Submit EC Sales List reports with more than 9999 lines
- Use the Intrastat Checklist report to see a visual indication of which journal lines contain errors
- Post Change Global Dimensions reports without blocking other activities
To celebrate the new release, we’re extending our Fixed Price Upgrade offer to NAV 2018. This means that any risk of overrun lies with us and you can sleep easy. If that wasn’t enough, our customers have saved up to £25,000 on their Upgrade bills. Talk to us to find out how.