Case Study on Survitec [Project 1]
Replacing Legacy ERPs with Modern Solutions
UK, France, Canada
“Mercurius have always been very responsive to our needs and continue to offer great pro-active advice guidance on how we can improve our business with NAV using both existing and new features.”
Survitec is a global leader in the manufacturing of survival and safety solutions – serving the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets for over 100 years. With more than 3000 employees worldwide, Survitec brings together the best-in-class brands with a reputation for quality designs and innovation. In order to support all their day-to-day processes with a streamlined service, Survitec utilizes Microsoft Dynamics ERP.
Our work with Survitec began back in 2011 when Mercurius IT was selected for a project implementing an ERP solution across 3 sites, in the UK, France & Canada. After a detailed analysis of the business, we realised neither ERP products available from SAP at the time would be sufficient for Survitec’s requirements, so Microsoft Dynamics NAV was chosen as the ERP solution.
We upgraded Survitec to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. This provided functionality for all key business processes in one place, moving them away from manual tasks to an efficient, value-added solution. The first upgrade project was completed on the France site, followed by Canada, and then the UK, beginning in 2012 and going live in 2014.
Solution Version and Extensions
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 for France and Canada (latest version at the time)
- Project timeline allowed us to use NAV 2013 for UK site (just released)
- Users can work through one application with all key processes and data in the same location
- Increased manufacturing efficiency
- Simplified, automated purchasing & financial processes
- Warehouse management functionality improving pick, pack, and dispatch